Classifier: A New AI tool to indicate AI-written Text
Since ChatGPT was released, people have expressed great concern about AI-generated content, especially academic institutions, and requested that ChatGPT be banned in academic papers, but how to effectively detect AI-written Text has always been a difficult problem. The Classifier released by OpenAI may be able to solve this problem. After all, no one is more familiar with ChatGPT than them.
What is Classifier?
Classifier is an AI tool trained by OpenAI to detect AI-written Text. It can distinguish text written by AI from text written by humans. It was released on January 31, 2023. Classifier will allay concerns about false claims that AI-generated text is written by humans, such as using AI tools for academic deception, using AI Chatbots to impersonate humans, etc.
OpenAI stated in its introduction that “Our classifier is not fully reliable. In our evaluations on a “challenge set” of English texts, our classifier correctly identifies 26% of AI-written text (true positives) as “likely AI-written,” while incorrectly labeling human-written text as AI-written 9% of the time (false positives).” It can be concluded that the Classifier is not yet mature enough to fully recognize AI-written Text, but OpenAI said it will continue to optimize the model, I believe that with the increase of training data, OpenAI’s Classifier will be more and more accurate.
Tag: AI-written Text Indicator
How to Use OpenAI Classifier?
OpenAI Classifier is currently free and only requires an openAI account to log in to use.
Step of use OpenAI Classifier
- Open the OpenAI website and find the Classifier page. You can also click the Classifier login link
- Log in to your OpenAI account
- Enter the AI Text Classifier work page
- Paste the text you want to detect in the Text input box (requires at least 1000 characters)
- Click “submit” to start testing
- After a few seconds, AI Text Classifier will tell you that Each document is labeled as either very unlikely, unlikely, unclear if it is, possibly, or likely AI-generated.
AI Text Classifier Online Use Example
- Detection of academic papers
- Detecting fake news written by AI
- Detecting fake social posts generated by AI
- Detect spam generated by AIbot
Current limitations（Quoting the official description of openAI）
- Requires a minimum of 1,000 characters, which is approximately 150 – 250 words.
- The classifier isn’t always accurate; it can mislabel both AI-generated and human-written text.
- AI-generated text can be edited easily to evade the classifier.
- The classifier is likely to get things wrong on text written by children and on text not in English, because it was primarily trained on English content written by adults.
AI Text Classifier Accuracy Test
A very interesting thing is that we have conducted actual tests according to the above requirements, and the conclusions drawn with different word counts in the same article are different, and the results are also wrong. details as follows:
1. First we wrote an article with ChatGPT
2.We pasted the entire article in the AI Text Classifier workspace for detection and concluded that it is unclear if it is
3.When I delete the last paragraph of this article and check again, the result becomes unlikely
Of course, there are also successful cases. We suggest that the current detection results of AI Text Classifier can only be used as a reference, and its accuracy still needs training.
How to Login Classifier?
- Open the Classifier login link, click the “Login” button in the upper right corner,
- Verify the Open AI account email address to successfully Login Classify
If you do not have an Open AI account, you need to register a Classifier account first:
Step of Register Classifier
- Open the Classifier register link, click the “sign up” button,
- Enter your email address and set a password
- Verify email address
- Enter your mobile number and verify
- After completing the picture verification, you can use Login Open AI Text Classifier
If you encounter problems in the process of registering an account, please refer to the Chat GPT Login guide.
Open AI Text Classifier Price
Open AI Text Classifier is free to use.
OpenAI trained Classifier to recognize AI-authored text.
Yes,Open AI Text Classifier is used for free.